Monday, July 25, 2011

Versailles, Le Petite Trianon and Gordon Ramsay!


I am so sorry but I have to give you some more of France ...... this was a trip to Versailles and the Chateau incorporating Le Petite Trianon ... above is the gorgeous stairway in Le Petite Trianon which has Marie Antoinette's initials carved into the black iron balustrading .....


I was very excited to see this room at Le Petite Trianon ... it was Marie Antoinette's private rooms behind her bedroom and the blues, the architectural detailing and the gilded sconces are perfect ....


the parquet flooring and the little round table ....


the panelling is exquisite .... notice the egg and dart motif at dado level ...


please sit and rest awhile .......


the incomparable Versailles Gardens ....


we found Laduree at Versailles as well .... heaven!


do you remember in the movie "Marie Antoinette" ... this is where she arrived .....


Alexander and I waiting for a buggy to explore the gardens ....






bust of Marie Antoinette in Le Petite Trianon ...





the music room in Le Petite Trianon ....








Alex enjoying the view ... all the other boys were playing golf!


Le Petite Trianon .... side view ...


I am waiting for my call .... are they missing a Marie Antoinette in the dressing room!!!!! 



Andrew and Dominic at Gordon Ramsay ... beautiful boys!


now this is a dessert .... yum!


The French Boys were amazing ... what a wonderful experience ....


the "Blues Brothers"  ......
Pat and Andrew
Thank-you Paris for a life-time of magical memories ....
bon nuit ....
 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

5 comments:

highheeledlife said...

Oh mon ami what wondeful memories!! Wishing you a beautiful day..xo HHL

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Ohhh how I love France, Paris, Le Petit Trianon and MARIE!

Dearest, your tours are exquisite and send me back to a place I could have spent way more time in...MERCI DE TOUT MON COEUR!!!!

Fondly, Anita

Hamptontoes said...

Frances,
You just took me back to my trip to Paris in the spring. What an amazing place to be and you are right, the memories last a lifetime and thanks to you I'm starting my day off with them!

The enchanted home said...

What amazing pictures!! I never ever tire of them. Fabulous in every way, and Lauduree at Versailles? Wow, now thats a duo made in heaven. What a beautiful trip you have had. Thank you for taking us along.......

'LUSH' said...

In my dreams! Your blog and your posts bring me to my inner M.A.! Love it love it love it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails