Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cocktails and Canapes ~ A Fundraiser!


I had a very busy week-end co-ordinating and decorating for a fundraising event for Georgiana's dance school ... It was a wonderful night of cocktails and canapés! We ended up having about 120 people attend so it was a great deal of fun and we managed to make a good amount of money which will go towards the concert at the end of the year.....



I used my beautiful black and white stripe clip shades on white antique iron candelabra and placed a selection of yellow, pink and white roses in various vases at different heights on the centre table .... 


Gorgeous girls at the party!!! Dee thank-you so much for all your help .... I also had wonderful help from my sister, Cath, brother, Pat (who did the charity auction and was amazing!), and also Rach and Brad who entertained us with their fabulous voices ... thank-you so much! The canapes were divine and the chef, Tim and his wife Kim, did an amazing job .... topped off with delicious cocktails from Jacki and Matthew .... well done everyone!  



A close-up of the roses on the table .....



Andrew and I enjoying a moment together ...


These were some of the auction items .... diamond ear-rings, collectable ballet shoes by a prima ballerina from the Royal Ballet in London (I went to school with her and she is still principal dancer at Covent Garden)  Amazing talent!
We also had stunning artwork, Chanel products and lots more to auction .....



 thank-you cards on the high tables thanking our sponsors 



another one of the table ....





I also loved using empty Perrier Jouet Belle Epoque champagne bottles for rose stems as well .. it looked so pretty!
What a great night .... enjoy!


 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

3 comments:

Flora Fascinata said...

MA that's the most stylish looking school soirée I've seen! Well done to you and the committee! Must get myself one of those painted Jouet bottles! (And contents!) and fancy having Chanel products at the auction! Xx

Carole Poirot said...

Wow, this looks like a beautiful evening. Certainly different from any event organised at my son's school! Elegant and with some very lovely touches, you should be proud. Wish I could have been there for the auction! :-)

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my blog, I hope you're well. Love from London xo

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest Frances!

What can I say but that you and your husband are just beautiful. WOW. YOUR DRESS!!!!!

The event looks like fun, and you exude joy. Thank you for sharing again; I had missed you so for the longest time!

May today be a special one for you. Today is my 31st wedding anniversary! Anita

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails