Friday, May 10, 2013

The Great Gatsby ~ Glittering


Fabulous Friday everyone and what better way to start the week-end than with a bit of Great Gatsby Glamour!!  Glittering, exciting, entrancing and heady!  I am so excited for the film directed by our very own Baz Lurhman and his talented wife Catherine Martin in charge of costume design. 



Starring Carey Mulligan as Daisy .... it is going to be sumptuous!


Let us raise our glasses to the "Age of Elegance"  ... the heralding of a new era in both fashion and interior design .... welcome in the New Age .... 


The Roaring Twenties heralded a new post war optimism filled with glamour .....


The Art Deco style was born ... The jewellery from the movie was a collaboration with the iconic Tiffany.... look at these breathtaking designs called the Daisy Hand Ornament!


Gatsby Fever is everywhere ... on the catwalk at Ralph Lauren ...


Simply Stunning!



 photo signature-29_zps152a2019.png

11 comments:

Ines said...

Hi, Frances , my daughter and me, we are obsessed to the twenties...the hairstyle, the glamour, the dresses- fabulous!
Like the champagne fountain.
Love, Ines

Justjen said...

Can't wait for the new Gatsby, I'm a huge Baz fan as well. Until then I'm rewatching the original. Your blog is gorgeous, always a treat to visit - Jen.

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GLORY!!!!!!!!!

Dearest Frances, I heard about this new film yesterday on our BBC broadcast! I am so excited to see this because my beloved father was a young man during these roaring times! He was already 54 when I was born, so he had an EARLY start in his young years with all the glamor. He was even the chauffeur for the chewing gum mogal, WRIGLEY, and described to me the fabulous home his employer had in Los Angeles.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE PARTY NEXT WEEK? Come on by and see the give away I have to offer. Have a lovely day my sweet! Anita

Unknown said...

Stunning! I drove past advert for this movie this morning. I can't wait to see it! Love all the glamour and the glitz. Have a lovely weekend!

Marie Arden said...

Can't wait to go see it. I love Baz movies loved Simply Ballroom and Moulin Rouge. those windows are stunning.Lots of PINK and that makes me happy!

Laura said...

Hello Frances, I have been waiting for this movie in forever!! I love Leo and Baz Luhrman movies! He is so talented, he just has such amazing vision! I think i am going to go on mothers day! Just catching up on your posts that i missed! all beautiful; as always! wishing your children all the best of luck in their performances! xx
Laura x

'LUSH' said...

Frances, OMGoodness, I'm in love with your blog, AGAIN! I loved your MA, but this look is equally entrancing!! And, finally, I get to sign up for email delivery!! I won't miss another post!! YAY! Sorry I'm so delayed!!

And, I saw the first Great Gatsby! Loved it. I am looking forward to seeing the newly released.

Julie said...

Beautiful Photos. Love all the pearls.

Julie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Frances my dear! The France link party has begun....are you still participating? Please let me know because your link is now up on my blog! Anita

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Stunning pictures.I cannot wait to see The Great Gatsby.I think Leo will be wonderful.
Marie Antionette

Personally selected products said...

Maravilloso!!

regards
Luisa

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails